Sunday 15 June 2014

Relaxing day

Today, Sunday we had a day relaxing at camp. I woke up at 6 and looked out the window and could see the moon still in the sky but by the time I was up and dressed it had gone, I took an early morning walk around the dam and took some photos. Lovely sunny day today after the rain of yesterday. I did actually do some housework today and then Brian made jaffles for lunch using left over Chicken chow Mein from last night.
Later on someone had put a note in the toilets to say they had a Thermal pot for sale $50. I have always wanted a Dream pot which is similar but they are expensive, so thought this is a good time to try the idea out. You start cooking your dish on the stove, put it in the thermal pot and then it carries on cooking for the next few hours, hopefully while you are travelling, some people swear by them others think no, any way I offered $45 and she was happy with that, all I need now is some recipes to try it out.
Had our usual campfire tonight and we have met some really nice people here, we are all moving on tomorrow, all to different places. But I hope we may meet again 

Some early morning shots of the weir where we are camped




A couple of birds just around our van


My Thermal pot

Our campsite


Campfire time 









No comments:

Post a Comment